Lonely Planet’s Tokyo Guide is your passport to the most relevant advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you.
Spend all-night in a karaoke parlour in Shinjuku, walk the forest path to Tokyo’s largest Shinto shrine, Meiji-jingu, or sample the delights of Mitsukoshi’s food hall; all with your trusted travel companion.
Get to the heart of Tokyo and begin your journey now!
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips – hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets – eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience – history, pop culture, performing arts, visual arts, tea ceremonies, cinema, literature, architecture, onsen, festivals, cuisine
- Free, convenient pull-out Tokyo map (included in print version), plus over 40 colour maps
This book covers Marunouchi, Nihombashi, Tsukiji, Ginza, Roppongi, Ebisu, Meguro, Shibuya, Harajuku, Aoyama, Shinjuku, Akihabara, Ueno, Asakusa, Odaiba, Shimo-Kitazawa, Korakuen, Yanaka, Nikko, Hakone, Hamakura, Mt Fuji and more.