The Narrowboat Guide
The UK has over 1000 miles of navigable canals and rivers which are home to an estimated 70,000 boats. To the untrained eye canal boats can all look much the same, but there are some very important distinctions and a new buyer has some important choices to make. The Narrowboat Guide discusses those choices, taking into consideration the various boating profiles: From those choosing to live on board permanently, to constant cruisers, weekend boaters and fair-weather cruisers, each will require a different type of boat if they are to fully enjoy their vessel.
- The cost of boating
- Choosing the ideal boat for your boating profile
- Buying a boat and the legalities of purchase
- Understanding internal fittings and features
- Heating, lighting and hot water options
- Finding a mooring
- Boating health and safety
- Lock, swing-bridges and the boating ‘highway code’
- Boat maintenance
- Boating etiquette, and
- Many other frequently asked questions
This is the inside story on buying, maintaining and using a narrowboat from someone who has done so for more than seven years.